If your Smart LG TV has Internet issues, you can easily head to the network settings and troubleshoot the problem. But if the settings are greyed out, you will not be able to adjust them.
Before you can use these settings, you will have to make the Settings Page visible. If you are not sure of the right steps for this task, you can become frustrated.
In this article, we have listed several ways that help restore the greyed-out network settings menu. So if you are looking for a solution to the problem, feel free to choose any of our suggestions.
LG TV Network Settings Greyed Out: How to Fix
Now here are the ideal ways of fixing the greyed-out Network Settings menu. But before using our recommendations, we advise that you check the owner’s manual of the TV for extra advice.
Reboot Your TV
With a quick reboot, you can solve many problems on your TV including a greyed-out network settings menu. To perform a perfect reboot, use the following steps:-
- Switch of the LG TV
- Unplug the TV from the power outlet
- Wait for thirty seconds
- Insert the plug back into the wall outlet and turn on the TV.
- Check if the Network Settings menu works
Close the Apps
Do you have any streaming apps running in the background? If yes, then this service might be the cause of your greyed-out network settings problem.
As expected, closing such apps should restore the Network settings menu. After stopping the apps, perform a reset and see if the menu has lost the greyed-out look.
Reboot Your Wifi Router
Sometimes the Wifi Router might be the cause of your greyed-out menu. With this in mind, it would help if you focused on the router and restored the menu. But instead of completely switching off the device:
- Remove all power cables from the WiFi Router
- Remove any cables that connect the TV with the Wifi Router
- Wait for thirty seconds and reconnect all removed cables
- Check the Network Settings on the TV and see if the greyed-out settings remain.
Update Your Firmware
Still, having issues with your LG TV network settings? If yes, then you might have to spend a few minutes updating the firmware on the TV. Now here are the steps needed to complete this task.
- Hit the Gear Icon on the LG TV Remote
- Select All Settings – General – About this TV – Download and Install
Perform a Factory Reset
With a factory reset, you can deal with the greyed-out Network settings on your LG TV. If you are not sure about the best steps for performing this task, try the following steps:-
- Click on the Setting key on the remote control
- Click on Settings – General – Reset to Initial Settings
- Click on Reset
- Wait for the reset process to be complete. Then check if the settings are restored.
Call the LG Technical Support
If any of our hacks do not work, then you might have to reach out to LG Technical Support. After all, this service offers the ideal advice for dealing with network issues. On top of that, they even offer repairs for any software or hardware problems that might have led to the greyed-out settings.
You can reach this service via email or telephone. Besides, you can also drop a complaint on the LG website. Within a short while, you should get a reply to your query on any of the provided channels.