It’s always fearful when there’s suspicion of malfunctions in your major appliance. It’s most disheartening when you confirm your fears that your appliance is malfunctioning.
You must have experienced an error code in your LG dryer as an owner. Self-diagnosing features make it easier to navigate problems. Luckily, the LG dryer is one of those appliances that exhibits these features. The diagnosis mode is designed to assist in troubleshooting and fixing problems the dryer might encounter.
This article will discuss what the LG dryer diagnostic mode entails, how to activate it and how it can help you navigate your appliance problems.
LG Dryer Diagnostic Mode: What Exactly Is It?
LG continues to demonstrate its commitment to being one of the leading technological giants in wireless diagnostic technology. The diagnostic mode on the LG dryer is designed to give more control and flexibility to solve appliance problems in case of suspicion or actual occurrence.
When it’s activated, it works by running a set of tests on the dryer to determine the cause of the problem. It searches for the problem, notifies the user, or corrects them, especially if it’s a trivial anomaly. During the process, all the systems functionally will be tested to ensure everything is working in the correct order.
How To Enable the LG Dryer Diagnostic Mode
Depending on the model of your LG dryer, you can enable the self-diagnostic mode with combinations of buttons on the control panel. You can enter the diagnostic mode as described below:
- Press the Power button
- On the control panel, press and hold the More time and Less time keys simultaneously.
- Release the keys after about 3 seconds
- The dryer will enter the diagnostic mode.
- You can keep pressing the Start button to switch between functions to test.
LG Dryer Smart Diagnosis (SDS)
The smart Diagnosis feature on the LG dryer is a troubleshooting means designed to help users tackle the machine problem. It was introduced in 2011 and was not aimed to replace the traditional method of troubleshooting through service calls but improve the process through wireless diagnostic technology.
If you’re experiencing a problem with your LG dryer, it can transmit data to your Smartphone through the Smart Diagnostic feature.
How does it work?
You can sync your dryer’s diagnostic functionality to your mobile phone with this feature. Your dryer will transmit a sequence of sounds your smartphone can interpret to ascertain the problem source and cause. This ability is possible through the LG Smart ThinQ™ app.
You’ll need to download this app on your smartphone and sync it with your LG dryer. The application is compatible with both iOS and Android.
However, its effectiveness depends on certain factors, including the cellular phone reception, external noise, the room acoustic, and the machine location. Hence, the feature might not accurately troubleshoot the device problem.
Note that the Smart Diagnosis cannot be activated until you switch on your dryer through the power button. If otherwise, then you might need to do the troubleshooting without the Smart Diagnosis.
How To Use The LG Dryer Smart Diagnosis Feature
Irrespective of your LG dryer model, the approach is similar, even though the appliance needs a specific series of button presses to start the system analysis. You can use the smart feature as follows:
- Download the Smart ThinQ™ app on your smartphone
- Open the application on your phone and press the right arrow key to navigate to the next screen
- Press the Power button on your LG dryer to switch it on.
- Press the Record button on your smartphone to start recording.
- Now put the mouthpiece of the smartphone near the Smart Diagnosis logo on your LG dryer.
- Press down the Temp button on your appliance for about three seconds.
- Hold the phone close until a series of tones emit from the dryer.
- After the tone transmission, stop the recording and view the diagnosis through the next screen. You can access the screen from the Next button on the phone.
The app will offer a verdict concerning the dryer problem. Depending on the problem, the app will prompt you to either:
- Fix minor issues independently.
- Contact a technician for complex problems.
You can also use the feature through the phone call center. You’ll have to call the LG call center on their line. The call center agent will instruct you to follow the instructions described above. You’ll hold the phone near the machine until the tone transmission finishes. When the countdown is over, and the tone stops, you’ll resume the conservation, and the agent will instruct you on the next step.
Whichever method you follow, you’ll get a better approach to solving your LG dryer problem than the traditional method of looking for error codes and interpretation.