When it comes to receivers, Yamaha offers some of the best models in the market. When it comes down to it, these products offer amazing designs, speakers, and inputs. Besides, a Yamaha receiver boasts of a top-quality amplifier.
Before the receivers can work properly, you should adjust some settings. Luckily, you can make these adjustments without any special skills or equipment.
Are you looking for the best audio from your receivers? Here are the best settings that can improve its performance.
Yamaha Receiver Best Settings
Here are the ideal settings for tuning your Yamaha Receiver for various purposes.
The Best Yamaha Receiver Settings for Music
On a Yamaha receiver, it is possible to improve the audio quality of your music. For this task, you can work with the following adjustments.
For speaker settings, leave them on Small. You might also use the STRAIGHT sound mode. Besides, work with L & R front plus sub.
The Best Yamaha Receivers Settings for Movies
Normally, there aren’t any best Yamaha Receiver settings for movies. With this in mind, you can pick any model that suits your preference. If you don’t like a selected sound mode, you can switch the settings to something else.
How to Calibrate Your Yamaha Receiver
There are different ways to fine-tune the settings on your Yamaha receiver. For this task, you can try manual tuning or use YPAO.
How to Calibrate Your Yamaha Receiver with YPAO
YPAO stands for the Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer. It adjusts the Yamaha receiver settings by checking the connection of the speakers and their distance from your position.
To use YPAO:
- Switch on the receiver
- Power up the television and ensure that the TV input is set to display video from the unit.
- Switch on the subwoofer and cut the volume by half. If possible, adjust the crossover frequency to the maximum.
- Get a tripod and screw in the YPAO microphone. Make sure that the microphone is placed into the YPAO microphone jack. Then, set it at the spot where you will listen to the receiver.
- Make the required measurements by clicking on the Start button. After some minutes, you should expect some results on your TV screen.
- Click on Save to apply the new settings.
- Remove the YPAO Microphone from the tripod.
How to Setup Your Yamaha Receiver Manually
If you prefer to set your Yamaha receiver on your own, you can use these suggested settings. As expected, these adjustments are not universal. If they do not suit your taste, you can try other settings.
- Adjust the Parametric Eq to Manual
- Press the Enter button twice to launch the Edit Screen
- Hit the cursor key to pick a speaker and press Enter
- Press the cursor key to choose a center frequency and adjust its settings.
- Adjust the bandwidth or frequency by hitting the pressing Enter and adjusting the center gain.
- Hit the ON Screen button to exit the menu.
- If you don’t have any standalone devices, adjust the crossover to maximum settings and remove the speakers. Then, adjust the Sub to L + R. Also make sure that the AVR Bypass ALL DSP is on manual.
- Find the measurements and calibrations of the subs. Also, remember to jot down the parametric equalizer settings.
- Reconnect the speakers and run the YPAO calibration settings.
- Choose and copy the settings from your preferred YPAO mode
- Use the manual mode to insert PEQ for SUBs. Then move to the manual YPAO mode.
- Go through the SPL and confirm if the mains match. If not, adjust the mains until they stay in place.
- Adjust the dual sub-mode to your settings and check SPL for the second time.
A Yamaha receiver has enough features to produce great audio for any content. Also, you can improve its performance by adjusting some settings.
Feel free to use any of the earlier mentioned settings. If they don’t favorable audio, there’s nothing wrong with using YPAO or resetting the options.
If you want extra help with your audio, contact the Yamaha service center. You can also get advice from any trusted online forum.