If you are into flagship soundbars, then you should know the Samsung Q90R or even own one. Thanks to its incredible features, the Samsung Q90R looks like a worthy investment.
As with most modern soundbars, you can expect incredible sound from the Samsung Q90R. But if you want to get the best audio, you will have to play around with some settings.
Samsung Q90R Soundbar Best Settings
Before getting the best sound on your Q90R, it would help if you connected the device properly. After all, a poorly-setup soundbar offers terrible audio even if you apply the right settings.
Luckily, the soundbar automatically connects with the subwoofer and surround speakers. But if it fails, you might have to manually connect the entire system by yourself.
Here is a simple way that you can connect the soundbar to the subwoofers and your TV.
How to Connect the Q90R Soundbar and the Subwoofer
- Turn on the Soundbar
- Look for the ID Set button on the subwoofer and surround speakers. You can find the button at the back of the devices.
- On each of the devices, hold the ID button for 5 seconds. After this action, the red light goes off and a blue one starts to blink.
- Take the remote and hold the Up button for 5 seconds. If you follow the steps correctly, you will get a brief ID set message on the soundbar display.
How to Connect the Q90R Soundbar to Your TV
Soundbars make your TV content sound better. With this in mind, use the following steps to connect your Q90R soundbar to your TV.
- Turn on the television and the soundbar
- Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI IN (Arc Port) of the TV.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI Out port of the soundbar.
- If set up properly, you should see the words TV Arc on the soundbar’s display.
Samsung Q90R Soundbar Best Settings for Movies
As expected, a Samsung Q90R soundbar can bring the cinema experience to your home. After all, it supports Dolby Atmos and DTS:X technology for hi-def, rich detailed sound.
Here are the steps needed to set up Dolby Atmos and DTS:X Surround Sound on your Q90R soundbar. But before you use the following steps, ensure you have two HDMI cables. Remember to also use a movie/tv show that has a Dolby Atom or DTS: X soundtrack.
- Look for the HDMI in 1 jack or HDMI in 2 jack at the bottom of the soundbar. Connect one end of the HDMI to any of the jacks. Then connect the other end to the HDMI Out jack on your Blue-ray player.
- Insert another HDMI cable into the HDMI OUT ( TV-ARC) to the empty HDMI IN jack on your Q90R soundbar.
- Press the Source button on the remote of your soundbar.
- Select either HDMI 2 or HDMI 1 on your TV screen. If you set up the system properly, you will get a Dolby Atmos message on your screen.
Samsung Q90R Soundbar Best Settings for Music
This soundbar also offers incredible audio for various music genres. To make your music sound better on the soundbar, leave the settings on Standard mode. But if you want an immersive experience of surround sound uses the following steps.
- Press the Sound Mode Button on your remote
- Scroll and select Surround Sound.
- Close the dialogue box
Updating Your Q90R Firmware
For your Q90R soundbar to work properly, it would help if you upgraded your firmware. If you don’t know how to perform this task, these instructions should help.
- Use the Smart things app to connect the soundbar to an active wi-fi network.
- Unplug the entire soundbar system for 30 seconds and replug the system. Open the SmartThings app on your smartphone and choose the QR90 soundbar option on the screen.
- Click on the three dots on the upper-right edge of your screen.
- Scroll to Information-> Firmware Update -> Update Now
- Use the on-screen instructions until the procedure is complete.
Turning On Your Q90R soundbar Without a Remote Control
It is possible to turn on your Q90R soundbar automatically. If you activate this feature -via Auto Power Link – your soundbar comes on as soon as you switch on your TV.
- Connect the TV to the soundbar with optical cables
- Press the Source button remote control of the soundbar to set it to D. IN mode.
- Activate Auto Power Link by pressing and holding the left button of the direction pad.